Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Day in the Life of Jackson

So yesterday Jackson and I had some errands to run in Twin and invited Aunt Shell (Michelle) along. Jackson desperately needed a haircut and I hadn't made an appointment for him, but my hair stylist, Heather, graciously worked us in while another lady's hair color was "processing". So, we had to wait a little while and Jackson was being pretty good, until he decided he needed to hang out by the front door of the salon. I didn't want him over there for obvious reasons, so I kept redirecting him. Finally, I told him if he went over there one more time, he would have to sit with me on the couch. As you may guess, he went back to the front door and tried to escape, so I grabbed him and forced him to sit on my lap. This, of course, brought on a temper tantrum. (And might I add, that while our son does indeed tantrum, it rarely occurs in public, so I was hugely embarrassed...). Right in the middle of his tantrum, Heather decided she was ready for Jackson. So, in the midst of screaming, a rigid body, and a bright red face, we tried to begin with the haircut. Thankfully, Heather quickly came to the rescue with a blue lollipop, which Jackson immediately shut up for. The haircut continued with Jackson being a model child. He ended up with an adorable "big boy" spiky haircut and a totally cute, messy, and sticky blue face!

Following this incident, we headed out to lunch, then over to Michelle's to hang out. Jackson played well and enjoyed himself while Michelle and I had much-needed girl time. Suddenly it became very quiet--too quiet, and as those of us with children know, that is not usually a good thing. Jackson had gone into Michelle's kitchen, so I got up to peek on him, and what a sight to see! Jackson had pulled open the oven door, used it to somehow get himself up onto the top of the stove, and was suspended with his little legs straight out behind him and his belly on the stove. He was grunting and groaning and saying, "stuck, stuck...". Of course, Michelle was about to die laughing, and I would have laughed had I not been in shock. I know he's a climber, he always has been, but I could not figure out how he had hoisted his little self all the way from the open oven door clear up onto the stove!!! I still have no idea how he did it, and I hope I never see him do it again! He definitely keeps us on our toes.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Becky! This is Katie Eisenhauer Tatton. I'm so glad to find your blog---I followed your Facebook link. If you want to check my blog, email me (my email address is on my FB info page) and I'll send an invite.

    Your little guy is a doll! You're such a good mom! Consistency is so hard when children are tiny, but it makes such a difference as they age for them to know that mom means what she says. Wish you'd gotten a picture of him sticking out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you had a picture of that! Mikayla was my climber--my favorite was the middle of the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was indeed one of the funniest things I've ever been able to witness...and I didn't even get to see him stuck on the stove! That was such a fun day, of which I sincerely hope to see a repeat in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackson's haircut sure is cute! Thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    you are such a wonderful writer! You put things so well I can pitcher what you are sharing. Thankyou for starting this blog and letting us watch Jackson and your wonderful family grow through your eyes and words!! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)