Saturday, May 15, 2010

YAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!

I am so thankful that spring has finally arrived. We have green grass (well, the backyard anyhow, it seems we will be replanting or sodding the front since our dog wore off all the grass), leaves on the trees and flowers (and, unfortunately, dandelions) blossoming and WARM WEATHER--YAY! Jackson is loving being outdoors (as are we) and I'm anxious to start many new projects (most will have to wait until school is out, but that's only a couple more weeks--I can't wait!). I will add photos of the new projects as they are accomplished (don't hold your breath, though...). Softball season is in full swing (with two games down so far and nice weather for both!), school is almost done for the year, and with a little luck as far as weather goes, I will have my planters and pots and hanging baskets done within a couple of weeks! So, just so I don't lose sight of my motivation on the afore-mentioned projects, I thought I would make a little list of my goals for the next month.

***Repaint bathroom and buy new rugs (that seems to be a spring thing for me every year)
***Repaint all the bedroom furniture and sand it to look "aged"
***Finish buying new bedding for our bedroom (just a coverlet and shams is all I'm down to)
***Plant flowers in pots, tomatoes, cilantro and green onions, and buy hanging baskets
***Replant front yard (a project for Jake, really, not me ;) )
***Dig a new fire pit in the backyard (another one for Jake's list, really, but it's my idea, so it can be on my list, right?)
***Help my mom finish painting the playhouse for Jackson (er, I mean, the "hunting lodge")
***Hang more hooks for jackets and bags in the back room (maybe at this point I should have two lists--Jake's list and my list)
***And...depending on if our next child will be a boy or a girl (which we find out in a couple of weeks), redo Jackson's room.
***Re-stain the cedar lawn furniture

Now that I have posted this list into cyberspace, it's permanent and out there for all the world to see, so I really hope I soon will have pictures to show proof that I actually am doing it all! This must be the second trimester ambition and energy kick, right? Or maybe it's just that spring is finally here...

1 comment:


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)