Friday, June 18, 2010

Making Progress!

So remember that list I posted of projects I was so excited to get going on? I haven't forgotten any of them, and we are slowly working on some of it, but we've been so busy that I haven't tackled nearly as much as I would have liked by now. Luckily, though, I still have most of the summer ahead of me! So I asked my mom (who is the best seamstress EVER) if she would be willing to make two new quilts for us--a new one for Jackson and one for our new baby girl who will be arriving in October. She generously agreed to. I couldn't find any designs that "hit the spot" for me, so I designed my own and Mom said they would be really easy to do. For the designs, you all will have to wait and see pictures of the finished products, but here is a sneak preview of the color scheme and fabrics we will be using. I needed colors that would work for boy and girl, since they will be sharing a room and I feel like pastels have been done so much that I just wanted to be creative and come up with something that would really pop. So here ya go!

These are all the colors

The walls will be done in the lime green, the curtains will be black and white with green tabs and buttons, and then we just need to do some shopping for wall decorations and stuff that matches.





These are the fabrics for our baby girl's quilt!



And these are the ones Jackson's new quilt be made out of!

I'm way excited to see this all come together! And thank goodness I have such a crafty mom--I am great at ideas, but suck at actually making any of it, so she's the miracle worker in that department!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)