Friday, February 3, 2012

High Five Friday

I have been a little negligent, but I've been so busy! Here is are my Top Five from this past week:

#1: All our dinners have been super-easy because I actually had a free Saturday last weekend, and I spent much time that Saturday roasting meats, chopping veggies, making biscuits, and preparing our seriously lacking snack bin. I ended up freezing tons of meat, which have made great dinners, I tried some new recipes, and I haven't worked very hard on any dinners (well, I worked hard on them on Saturday, but that was fun because I had the time and I wasn't stressed). Oh, and a little side note here--I was inspired by a post on Pinterest to do the freezer meals, but after pinning the link, then actually looking at it, I decided against using any of those ideas because it was sort of a disappointing link. Great idea, but I used my own recipes for the most part, that I already know we love!

#2: Also related to food--I made 7-up biscuits for the first time--best biscuits ever. They were gone that day.

#3. Dinner out with some friends on Sunday--friends who we haven't seen in a long time! Always nice.

#4. The blessing of having so many involved parents in my classroom at school--such amazing, caring and helpful parents! We got a great start on my "remodel" project this past week.

#5: The fact that my parents watch our kids while we are at work--the second best thing to actually being home with them myself! Here is a small glimpse of what they were able to do at Nana's this week:

* Finger paint
* Build a box mansion, yard, and neighbor's house ;-)
* Play outside for hours!!!!
* School (Nana does at least one school activity per day with Jackson)
* Help Papa with the remodel (not sure exactly how much help Lilly was)

Happy Friday and enjoy your Super Bowl weekend! (Yayyyy...even though neither of our teams made it. )


No comments:

Post a Comment


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)