Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another Day on the Slopes--January 14, 2012

Well, we escaped any bad luck on Friday the 13th (well, I did receive a warning from the Buhl Police Department for expired tags on my Jeep, but no ticket, thankfully!). Saturday we made up our birthday ski date promise for Jackson, and we had a truly amazing day. I think no matter what you are doing outdoors on a day like Saturday, makes for a pretty awesome day! The weather was warm, the skies were bright blue and sunny, and it felt GREAT to be out enjoying God's beautiful playground!


Jackson decided to become a ski racer on Saturday, and he was honestly flying down the slopes--thank goodness for helmets, it gave me some peace of mind!



But, there were a few spills...


...after which the only response from Jackson was "Good thing I got this helmet on, Mom!". Good thing, indeed!









And if you are wondering where our other little angel was--well, she's not quite a skier, so she got to play with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Rex all day (and I'm thinking she was quite spoiled! She did NOT want to leave when we got there to pick her up!)

We are so grateful for the opportunities we get to enjoy God's amazing creation, create good memories with our little family, and share our love of all things outdoors with our kiddos.

P.S. All these recent shots have been taken with my amazing new camera, which I am loving! Such an improvement from my last one. I actually took most of these shots while I was skiing, and was amazed at how non-blurry they were! With me and my subjects moving, I didn't think I would be lucky enough to get any good shots. Plus, I dropped it in the snow, and it didn't even matter because....it's waterproof! Love it.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I remember being passed by little ones like that. It always made me growl at them. :D

    ReplyDelete


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)