Saturday, January 21, 2012

High Five...Saturday?

I missed High Five Friday yesterday, but I figure I can make up for it this afternoon (it's a lazy, dreary type of afternoon, perfect for blogging).

So my top five for this past week:

#1. SLEEPING IN! Our kiddos didn't stir until 9 a.m. today and no one came to get us until 9:30. Nice.

#2. Warranties on vehicles! That's right, counting my blessings right now. Our Jeep Grand Cherokee came with a warranty and we are SO THANKFUL because on Wednesday night it died on us and it turns out that it has a cracked head. So...new one for 100 bucks. Warranty covers the other, er, couple thousand or so.

#3. The fact that God knows better than we do. I'm celebrating this especially right now, because we have been trying to sell our extra SUV (an Explorer) since Jake got a company vehicle and we already have the Jeep, and just want to simplify. Well, because of the holidays and all, the Explorer hasn't exactly been selling and now we are so thankful it didn't because we have an extra vehicle to drive and don't have to worry about getting a rental! Thanks for that foresight, God!

#4. Lazy Saturday afternoons. Jake and I were supposed to be cabin leaders at our church Winter Camp this weekend, but due to severe avalanche dangers at camp, they cancelled. I had stormed through the whole house doing all my cleaning on Thursday, since we were supposed to be gone all weekend, so that left today blissfully open for playing with the kids and being lazy while they nap.

#5. Hot tubs. Going hot tubbing tonight and that is one of those small blessings that makes me so happy!

I hope your week was as blessed as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)