Monday, January 2, 2012

Some funnies--Courtesy of Mr. Jackson

These are those kinds of things I have to post just for my journaling purposes (however, I did find a great idea on Pinterest that suggested writing the cute things your kids say/do on scraps of paper and adding to a Mason Jar to be read on New Years the next year--I will probably have to do that, then I will also have a record of them for scrapbooking purposes!) So feel free to share in our little joys or just skip this entry!

When told to clean his room a couple of weeks ago, Jackson replied (in great earnest, might I add!), "No...that probably be a waste of time."

Hmmm...he was probably right.

For Christmas Nana and Papa got Jackson a collectible red 1953 Chevy pickup (it looks a lot like the real 1955 Chevy my dad restored that Jackson just idolizes). Jackson, of course, is in love with that pickup and played with it non-stop for several days. One day Jackson comes up to me and says, "Mommy, close your eyes, I have a 'prize' for you", so I follow him into his room with eyes closed. Once in there, he goes, "Now open them," and, gesturing towards the top of his dresser where the said red pickup is parked complete with the box sitting next to it, "That called a collection!" He was so proud! I didn't have the heart to correct him (and who knows, someday it may just grow into a collection!).


No comments:

Post a Comment


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)