Monday, January 2, 2012

DIY Christmas Gifts

Well, I have had several people request to see some of the projects I made people this year for Christmas, and, of course, I couldn't post them until after the big day! For several years now I have created photo calendars on my digital scrapbooking program and I love the way they turn out...I still did those (but have no pics of them) and added a few things to my list of DIY gifts this year as well.


Dry Erase Calendars/Message Boards--The original idea for this project was on Pinterest, but the ones I saw on there were created either with a burlap sack as a background or paint chips as the calendar squares (both looked kind of cool, but I wanted to make mine a little classier and more decorative). I used scrapbook paper, ribbon, and buttons to embellish and made them to match peoples' styles/decor. I started out trying to find frames at Michaels, but holy cow! Too expensive for as many as I was making--so I repurposed some old frames found at thrift shops by sanding them and painting them black with a clear coat. They turned out gorgeous, and now I know where all my framing needs will be met! Forget the $80 Michaels frames! I will also be making myself one of these nifty things as soon as I get a chance! (Sorry they are sideways, Blogger is having issues).




This button monogram (a "W" for Webb) was for my mother-in-law. It was much more time-consuming that I figured it would be, but I enjoyed it! It was fun and relaxing for me!



All of my calendars and the button monogram



Some of the jams (made in August, but put to good use for the holidays), salsas, and body scrubs I made for gift baskets. I added lots of my signature homemade goodies to the baskets as well.

I had tons of fun making Christmas gifts and would love to do more next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Bram, Keshia, and BZ (Baby Zane)

Jackson freaking out on Santa's lap (with Tonia and Aide)

Most of the group at Christmas in the Nighttime Skies

Michelle's First Tree-Gorgeous Picture!

Still in Love *Sigh*

Me, Jackson, and Jake (and our tree)